Thursday, April 26, 2012
Myth-Babies BJD Progress Collage 4
My first Myth-Babies girl just got all pointy-eared! She's gone through a lot of work that you can't see, too. (She's lounging on my work table, on her towel and cookie sheet.)
Here's what I've done since last time:
1. I reworked her head and face to have the pointed ears I originally planned. I refined her eyes and re-sculpted her nose. I adjusted her mouth and worked on the socket for her neck.
2. I cut out her knees and sanded down the too-large elbows to make a flat-sided knee for her. Then I attached the knee piece to the front of her knee. Added clay to fill in the empty spots and smooth it.
3. Sculpted new elbows using smaller beads and Sculpey. Sculpted feet over a foil-and-wire armature attached to a wooden bead. Mr. Dremel helped with the cuts in the bead.
4. X-Acto'ed and sanded and sanded and carved and sanded some more to hollow out the limbs so they could receive the knees, elbows, wrists and ankles and generally refine overall sculpture. I. Now. Hate. Sanding. Will follow instructions to make these joints BEFORE baking in the future... But she's finally starting to look smooth rather than lumpy. :D
5. Fitted upper and lower torso better by adding clay and making another impression.
6. Painted hips and shoulder joints to prep them for casting in resin. (That's why they're absent in this collage.) I want to have duplicates in case I mess up!
7. Prepped some beads to start the hands soon!
Let me know if you have any questions on this first-time process. I'll try to help where I can. I also appreciate constructive criticism! (Which translates to "Pleeeeease help me if I'm messing up!)
(I plaster my website on there, but it's in need of an update. So far, dA is more up-to-date...)
OTHER PROGRESS SHOTS:
Head Sculpt : http://briescha.deviantart.com/#/d4v3fnq
Progress Collage 1: http://briescha.deviantart.com/#/d4v5ddt
Progress Collage 2: http://briescha.deviantart.com/#/d4v5mx3
Body, Arms, Legs: http://briescha.deviantart.com/art/BJD-Progress-Arms-and-Legs-295628812
Progress Collage 3: http://briescha.deviantart.com/#/d4wwgrz