Buy it now!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Phase Two: Gear Up!

All right... Settling down with less than four hours left in the night. Minus mandatory dog-walking time, this gives me a little over three hours to write. I gotta get somewhere in this story tonight!

Although I don't plan on requiring the NaNoWriMo 50,000 words, I have one goal. I may write more or less. My goal is to finish the story without using shortcuts. [These procrastination devices include 1) Typing a Chapter Title with a short description and skipping onward without finishing that part of the story, 2) Writing up part of the story in vignette format in present tense... which makes more work later! and 3) Jumping around from POV to POV to explore others' brains. Wastes time and energy when I'm trying to explore my worlds!] Now, number one is the method I use to throw an outline together. Very effective. :) But it kills the flow when I skip around in the story.

Now, regarding word count: I had left in all my ramblings and notes while participating in NaNoWriMo. Really, it helped to do some chain of thought rambling sometimes, but now I don't want that stuff to get in the way of a cleanly completed novel.

17, 228 words down, after the minor cut.

No comments:

Post a Comment