Buy it now!

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Phase Two: Beyond NaNoWriMo

NaNoWriMo was a partial fail. I didn't finish by the deadline. My fault completely. I won't say I failed completely and the world will cave into a black pit of despair and nothingness with my lack of accomplishment. That seems a little dramatic. I accomplished something, at least-- a solid start. Becoming a good writer, like many things, requires practice. (Yeah, I know... Obvious!) So on that note I will refer you to the following bit of advice: I guess that part of finishing a novel quickly is WRITING EVERY DAY!!! :-D

The good news is that I'm over fifty pages into my first draft of book 2 (which will be volume 1), but nowhere near 50,000 words to "win" NaNoWriMo. No big deal, however. NaNoWriMo was just a springboard to make me focus and at least get started. I've added an arsenal of additional daily activities that'll pressure me into the kind of hyper-focus I need to be productive. I'll be working on the novel and improving my drawing skills; I'll be planning a business and working on an inventory. That's in addition to the regular household things I need to do daily. I'll put off finishing my video game list until after Christmas. Maybe.

I've set a new deadline for Christmas Eve to finish the rough draft, no matter the word count. After I wake up today, my clock's tickin'. I have 24 days and counting. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment