Buy it now!

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Phase Two: Montage!

Every book needs a montage, right? Well, the thing I hoped would be a quick montage, I shall call it a pseudo-montage, is turning into the meat and potatoes of the story. If only novel montages were as simple to make as video-montages are to watch! "Here, observe a mishmash of clips!" But alas, a hodgepodge of written scenes takes time to create! Here I go, a-montaging! And now, the word "montage" looks stupid, as I have overused it. But I digress...

I am at 24,309 words in my book! Yay! I'm in the plot-cranking, word-churning fun stuff right now. Since I don't have a word-count goal in mind, I'm guessing that around 50,000 will be a good rough draft, a la NaNoWriMo. If I finish before that goal, I'll be surprised. Once I reach it, I'll be finished or in the home stretch!

Hmmm... All the people in my head are wondering what will happen next. And since the author doesn't always know either, it's an interesting ride!

No comments:

Post a Comment